2019 Helium 3 Heavy 7' 10" MOD Moderate Fishing Rod
Formerly called the "MAD" rod. Bigger is Better! When it comes to big baits and heavy lines, You want a rod that you can count on. Whether flipping mats, throwing swim baits, or dredging the bottom with a deep divers the MAD rod has you covered. It's parabolic MODERATE action is exactly what you need for heavy applications.
Trey Kistler and Gary Loomis developed a true winner for all heavy lure and heavy cover applications! From Punching Grass to Casting a Swimbait, this big rainbow bending moderate heavy power is perfect for keeping those big lipped pigs hooked up!
16 years ago Kistler Rods took the industry by storm with an entirely new concept in top level fishing rods when they introduced their Helium LTA "Lighter Than Air" rod series. This newest installment of the Kistler surge onto the market will appeal to those looking for the absolute lightest, strongest and most sensitive stock fishing rod available in its class. Borrowing from the lessons learned in designing their custom 'Z Bone' series and their fastest selling KLX series, the designers at Kistler will once again rock the fishing industry with the Helium3. Entirely MADE in the USA and with stunning good looks, this new Helium3 will undoubtedly be the go to rod for the fisherman looking for the ultimate in performance. The Helium3 is totally redesigned from the blank up. However, in keeping with the Helium tradition the new Helium3 will still be the best looking and lightest rod in the rod box with innovative features like:
-Gary Loomis's North Fork Composite Next Generation 98% T 800 Carbon Fiber High Strain Modulus, Faster Actions and stiffer backbones, raw carbon exterior and Gary's proven high compression resin system
- Patented Hook Lock bait keeper, stainless steel. Locks in your lure while in transit.
- Trey's trademark Smart Grip II eva fore grip for added comfort and reel tightening ease
- Fuji Graphite reel seat
- Kigan Zero tangle stainless steel guides, with MACRO sized Coalite inserts with zero ring loss (pop-outs)
- Kigan Tip top design with seamless weld to reduce line wraps and zero ring loss (pop-outs)
- Action: Moderate
- Length: 7' 10"
- Power: Heavy
- Lure weight: 3/8 - 3 oz
- Line weight: 15 - 35 lb
- Handle length: 11 1/2 inch We used the power hump grips of the KLX series for leverage
- "The handle length is measured from the bottom of the butt cap to the bottom joint where the reel seat meets the cork."
EVERY Kistler Rod is "Quality Certified" by our process of thoroughly testing and hand inspecting from our expert team in Magnolia, Texas, USA.
QUALITY CERTIFICATION CHECKLIST
- Casting Action/Flex Test
- Power, Torque and Backbone Test
- Reel Seat Function and Stability Test
- Stay-Put Guide and Clear Coat Check
- Accu-Align Guide and Reel Seat Check
- Precision Crafted/Blemish Free Check
- Trey Kistler's Fish Ready Seal of Approval
ROD PROTECTORS are available for sale to protect your rod, guides and line.