Tip Top Replacement Repair All Sizes
If you have a tip top ring that has popped out or been damaged, no problem, it's an easy fix. We will do our best to match it up with what you order. In some cases, older models have been discontinued and parts are limited but we will provide the closest match. KISTLER has moved away from the tiny Micro guides and is replacing those with MACRO (bigger than micro but a little smaller than traditional Conventional sizes) due to the stronger nature of the larger frame, ring and gluing surface area. We may ship you a MACRO tip so that you do not knock the ring out as easily next time.
Also, if your rod has Conventional Guides and tip top, we will send you the closest MACRO sized tip top that will perform even better than your old tip top and will fit all your rods.
Order your replacement tip with hot glue already melted inside barrel and you'll be fishing with your favorite rod this weekend.
Simple and easy instructions on how to replace your damaged tip top.
- Heat up old tip barrel 5 seconds if hot glued or 20 seconds if epoxy glue. You will know after 5 seconds does not do the trick.
- Push old tip off with a pencil in the direction parallel to the graphite blank.
- Clean up the blank with a razor blade making it ready for new tip.
- Hold new tip on the ring between index finger and thumb.
- Heat up barrel with cigarette lighter for only 7 seconds.
- Push tip barrel over graphite blank and align ring with first guide.
- Feel free to reheat if needed for only 4 seconds if realignment is needed.
- Now Go Fishing!!!