• Join Our List Get Discounts

Free Shipping

Slow Fishing

Author:Ray Long
Report Posted:07/15/08
Date of Fishing:07/12/08
Fishing Area:Logan Martin
Kistler Rod Used:MgDSFWML69S & He70MHC
Description: Fished a BFL tournament out of Logan Martin this past weekend and it was slow. The fish were on humps and ledges where there was about 20ft. of water the surrounded the structure. The bite was slow and if you didn't have the right equipment, then you didn't catch a bunch of fish. The bigger fish came early in the moring off the humps before it got to hot, and it did get very hot. After the sun got up the fish moved out on the ledges. I caught all my fish on a shakey head jig with a MgDSFWML69S Kistler rod and if I were a betting man, I would bet that I would not have caught what I did without the Kistler rod. These fish were just barely picking up the bait and with the sensitivity of a Kistler rod, I could feel all the bites that I had. I had a decent limit at 8lbs. - 5ozs, which put me in 6th place. All the fish that I caught was spotted bass, couldn't find any largemouth, but there were plenty of spots on these humps and ledges. After lunch we tried some dock fishing and it was about the same, small fish. All in all, it was a great day, can't wait to get back on the water.
Fishing Species:Spotted and Largemouth
Bait & Takle Used:Shakey head and Kistler Rod
Water & Weather
Conditions:
Hot