Fishing Area:Points & Humps
Kistler Rod Used:Kistler MgMWCRH70 C-RIG
Description: Richland Chambers Reservoir
Guide Steve Schmidt
Lake Report: May 26,2009
Water Color: Stained
Water Temp: 74 to 82 F
Boat Ramp: Oak Cove Marina
Equipment: Boat 2003 21ft Triton TR-21with 225 Merc Rod Kistler MgMWCRH70 Reel Okuma V-200A baitcaster Line- 20lb Seaguar Inviz-X 100 % Fluorocarbon
Lure- C-Rig
Color- Watermelon Seed/ Dipped Tail Creature Bait (Picasso)

Fishing Report Black Bass:
The lake at normal pool is 315.0 but as of today the level is 312.76 which is about 2-1/2 ft low. The lake has turned over last week. The fishing has been pretty good in the morning. Catch fish on Zara Spooks & Pop RS in the morning. Some of the colors that are working is an all clear, of a bone white color. The key has been deep water close to shallow. Some areas of the lake have the shad still spawning and or done. You will find the shad shallow and the bass in the same area. Some of the areas that are holding some pretty good fish is Carl White Point (tip fish the timber side, right now you will see a few stickup off the point to creek) and 309 humps all three, also dont count out TXI. I can tell you we are keeping the boat in about 10 to 12 foot of water. All the fish being caught are coming out 4 to 8 foot of water. On these humps and points we are using a C-rig with a to Tru-Tungsten weight with two 8mm force beads, with a 14 to 18 liter on a minimum of a 4/0 wide gap hook. If you have any questions or help please drop me a line.

Also a little treat if you fish Fairfield right now the Top water bite is HOT. The water temp is 74 to 82, at the discharge is 97. Everything we worked was the down by the dam gates and the south end. Working the outside edge of the grass with Spook or Pop-R type bait. This bite went on for about 4 hrs. I would also recommend using the back ramp and stay in the middle to load and unload. The lake is up, but the ramps still needs more water.

If youre on the water and you get hungry, try the restaurant at Oak Cove Marina off the Hwy 287 Bridge to the south. They have some of the best hamburgers and steak fingers on the water, and theyve just added some terrific homemade desserts. They also have motel
R.V. hook-ups, fishing pier, camping and gas on the water.
To contact Oak Cove about tournaments, guide service call 903-872-0888. http://www.oakcovemarina.com/ Be careful on the water, as you know there are no true boat lanes on the lake.

If you have any questions please give me a call or drop me an e-mail. We also have a video out on the lake, which is a great tool to see the lake before you burn a tank of gas to find the fish. Check out my website www.schmidtsbigbass.com to get more info on the video.

Also in closing I would like to say that some of the products in this report could be found at Gander Mountain outdoor store in Corsicana. Its located at I-45 and Hwy 287 at exit 229. You can also find these Products at Bass Pro, Cabelas ad Academy Outdoors & Sports.

And always please wear a life jacket when running the big motor and kill switch. And please drink plenty water or Gatorade during the Hot Summer months. I have included the number for the Tarrant water Authority, (903) 389-3928 this will allow to see how many gates are open prior to going to the lake after it had rained.

Id like to take the time to thank the fine folks at Oak Cove Marina 903-872-0888 and my Sponsors: S.O.B. Lures, Big Hammer, Seaguar Line, Kicker Fish Bait Co, Tru-Tungsten & Okuma Reels.

Steve Schmidt

Tight Lines and Good Fishing
Schmidts Big Bass Guide Service
682-518-8252 (hm) 817-929-0675 (cell)
steve@schmidtsbigbass.com
www.schmidtsbigbass.com
Fishing Species:Largemouth Bass
Bait & Takle Used:Tru-Tungsten & Brush Hogs
Water & Weather
Conditions:
Over Cast