• Join Our List Get Discounts

Free Shipping

Delaware lakes and Ponds Report

Author:Steve vonbrandt
Report Posted:04/04/10
Date of Fishing:03/10/04
Fishing Area:Griffiths
Kistler Rod Used:Helium LTA
Description: Shore Fishing In Delaware in Kent County at Griffith's Lake in Milford and Killens in Dover.

Today the water temps were 48 degrees and warming quickly, Pickerel were active and the bass were starting to move in and chase shad on the surface.The air temp was 67 and sunny. Light winds at 5 mph.

In just 4 hours we caught 4 chain pickerel that went from 1 1/2 to almost 4 pounds, and 5 bass that ranged from 2 1/2 to a little over 5 pounds.

The main bait was big 6-8 Shiners and Lucky Craft RC 1.5, and a Terminator spinnerbait in 1/2 ounce.

The video of this trip is up on the site now along with other new videos in the video section.

Today Mike B. from New Jersey was in the area and called me while I was fishing. He stopped by after working in Philadelphia in the morning and met me at Griffith's in Milford.

He wasn't there 5 minutes when I yelled "Grab That Rod!" and he landed a nice 3 pounder, then right after a 5 pounder! Not bad for an hour! Nice talking to you Mike. Mike also gave me a nice ham for Easter from where he works. Thanks Mike.
Fishing Species:Largemouth Bass
Bait & Takle Used:Castaic, Storm Swimbaits
Water & Weather
Conditions:
Sunny warm 70

Delaware and World Record Trophy Bass Fishing